We're getting pretty excited about an event coming up here in Wisconsin during the month of July.
Now in its seventh year, the Kickapoo Country Fair is the Midwest's largest organic food and sustainability festival.
The event is held in La Farge, Wisconsin, which is nestled among the ancient hills of the Kickapoo Valley. For those of you who aren't familiar with La Farge, it's located about an hour from LaCrosse, 90 minutes from Madison, about 3 hours from Milwaukee, and around 5 hours from Chicago. The scenic Highway 14 (which leads to La Farge) meanders west through the rolling hills and valleys of the Driftless Area -- one of the prettiest passages in Wisconsin. And the fair itself is a signature event of the Midwest alternative food movement.
It's the place to be if you're interested in organic food, sustainable agriculture, regional food sheds and just plain good eating. Sponsored by the fast-growing farmers co-op known as Organic Valley, the fair is both celebratory and educational.
Held July 24-25, 2010 on the grounds of Organic Valley headquarters, Kickapoo Country Fair will bring together thousands of attendees for two fun-packed days of food, music, bike and farm tours, cooking demonstrations, theater, kids' activities, dancing, author readings, and speakers—all offered at an affordable price for families.
The heart of the fair is the Kickapoo Kitchen Tent, where fairgoers can participate in hands-on workshops, learn cooking techniques from chefs, meet Organic Valley farmers and sample free food all weekend long. If they're still hungry, organic food from local farmers and restaurants will be available to satisfy even the most adventurous and discerning of foodies, from organic Jamaican jerk chicken to organic fruit smoothies and organic maple cotton candy. Of course, there will also be tastings of local Wisconsin beers and cheeses.
Well, thanks to the generosity of the people over at Organic Valley, we've been given the opportunity to host a giveaway.
We'll be giving away TWO Prizes -- one for those interested in attending the Kickapoo Country Fair, and one for those of you who may NOT be able to attend.
- For readers in the Midwest, we'll be offering up FOUR (4) tickets to attend the Kickapoo Country fair on July 24-25, 2010 (a $40 value).
- For readers who do not live in the Midwest, or who cannot attend, Organic Valley has graciously provided us with five coupons for free Organic Valley products (a $50 value), and an Organic Valley reusable shopping bag.
- Leave a comment below telling us either 1) why you'd like to attend the Kickapoo Country Fair (if you'd like to be entered to win tickets to the fair) OR 2) what your favorite Organic Valley product is, and why you love it (if you cannot attend or would prefer the coupons).
- Visit and "LIKE" the the Kickapoo Country Fair on Facebook -- and then come back and leave us a comment telling us you're a fan!
- Start following Organic Valley on Twitter -- be sure to come back and leave us a comment letting us know that you're officially a follower!
Win 4 FREE tickets to @OrganicValley's Kickapoo Country Fair: http://bit.ly/bofqrJ #burpgiveaway
The contest ends on July 6th at NOON (CST) when we will pick two random winners, one for the Kickapoo Country Fair tickets and one for the free Organic Valley product coupons and shopping bag.
We will be contacting the winners by email, so be sure you leave us your email addy if you don't have it listed on your blog or blogger profile.
©BURP! Where Food Happens