NOTE: 10/10 The List has grown. LOOK UP! Fully Updated Blogroll has moved to the Header of the blog!!
If you think Wisconsin Foodies only talk about beer and cheese, you've got to think again.
Start by checking out these sites:
- Andrea's Easy Vegan Cooking Andrea is an extraordinarily creative local vegan presence (yay!) and a woman after my own heart (she cooks without recipes!)
- Anna's Recipe Box Anna is an adventurous cook with a pork allergy and a penchant for Uzbek food
- Between the Bars - Milwaukee, WI is a blog about east-side living in Milwaukee, written by Karen, a Wisconsin native who brings a sense of place to everything she writes (and sometimes she even writes about food).
- Cheese Underground is THE place to find out about great Wisconsin artisan cheese.
- Driftless Appetite Leslie and Keith live in the "Driftless Zone" of southwestern Wisconsin, and they believe there is not a better place to live on earth if you want fresh, diverse, locally produced food. We tend to agree!
- A Duo of Chefs is a SOLE-ful blog (sustainable, organic, local, ethical) from SE Wisconsin that reflects an emphasis on low-fat and vegetarian dishes.
- Eat Wisconsin is a site does an upstanding job showcasing the food and drink of Wisconsin.
- French Kitchen in America Mimi grew up with food and understands the important connection between food, love, family and connecting with our roots.
- Fussy Foodies Williamina and dc are a couple of professionals with a penchant for cooking, eating, and critiquing. Great place to go for local restaurant reviews.
- Gimme Something to Eat Three (boy) eaters from Wisconsin with much time on our hands due to the long winters. They will eat whatever you send them...
- Haverchuk - sadly defunct, but this Milwaukee blog comes highly recommended. Check the archives for the goods! You can also follow Michael on Twitter!
- Healthy Living, One Day at a Time Kristi shares her weight loss secrets online!
- Milwaukee Specialty Coffee serves up all the best fresh brewed coffee news & reviews! (Thanks for the rec, Yulinka)
- No One Puts Cupcake in a Corner Milwaukee's own self-declared cupcake queen! (home of the Iron Cupcake)
- Outpost Natural Foods - Food Video on YouTube
- Post-College Kitchen A JSOnline blog by Alison Sherwood, who shares her struggles and triumphs while learning to cook
- A Serving of Life is a fellow Foodbuzz Publisher who lives in Oshkosh, WI
- Simple Comfort Food Dax Phillips is a food blogger from New Berlin, WI. He believes that life is too short to count calories, so everyone should enjoy all sorts of great food in moderation! A-MEN, Dax!
- Stuff We Eat (A Lot!) is Mom's Recipe Blog -- a collection of family favorites, staples & special treats that Mom wrote down for her fam!
- A Taste of Life Melissa is a full-time student at UW-Milwaukee who shares hints, tips, and recipes for living a healthy lifestyle
- What Geeks Eat Vanessa is a freelance writer, cook, gadgethead, and advocate for locally grown food.
- Wisconsin Foodie Don't miss the video of us at the Pinehold Gardens Pig Roast!
- Yulinka Cooks Go here for great Russian-inspired fare!
Wisconsin foodies gots to stick together, you know?
Know of any others? Let me know! I'll add them to our list.
©BURP! Where Food Happens